The benefits of digitizing Lean project management
These days, everything is moving online. From smart doorbells to Bluetooth-enabled Crock Pots, people everywhere are realizing the benefits of an interconnected world. The same goes for manufacturing: Cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) and factory networks are just a few of the web-based systems allowing manufacturers to operate better than ever before. And lean is no exception to this shift online.
The benefits achieved included:
- Completed projects enabled productivity improvements in the gear segment from 65% to over 80%
- Projects targeted to deliver a 15% reduction in conversion costs on a per tower basis in towers segment
- 125+ projects in progress or completed
- Project savings range from $10K to $400K per project
- Approximately 75 people collaborating across projects at a single site.
- Each location has an administrator tasked with keeping an eye on local projects for plant sites.
- The company established cadences with leadership groups to review projects in forums on a regular basis, using LeanDNA as the platform.