EC: MR-J4 Series Servo System
Motion Control - Servo drives: The MR-J4 servo system from Mitsubishi Electric Automation combines high performance features (for maximum throughput and OEE), user-friendly, HMI functions (to accelerate set-up, reduce installation costs and improve operator safety), and energy saving features. This is a Control Engineering 2013 Engineers' Choice Awards Honorable Mention.
As the fastest servo in the world with a 2500 Hz frequency response speed, the MR-J4 series servo amplifier promises to deliver maximum machine throughput and performance by reducing settling time to 0-2msec. In addition to its impressive performance, the MR-J4 servo system also offers a multitude of energy, space and cost savings features and user-friendly functions for faster set-up and improved operator safety.
The MR-J4 servo system is the “best-in-class,” energy-efficient servo solution for machine builders and end-users featuring these key capabilities:
- Real-time adaptive load control, machine resonance suppression filters and machine robust filters are all adjusted automatically just by one click in the servo setup software.
- An advanced vibration suppression control II function eliminates machine vibrations at the end of arm and the base of the machine, which helps extend the life of the machine.
- All HG series motors for the MR-J4 servo systems come with 22 bit absolute (4 million pulses/rev) as standard, for high-accuracy positioning and smooth rotations.
- SSCNET III/H (Serial Servo to Motion Network) 300 Mbps delivers superior synchronization among servo axes with which total system response is dramatically improved.
- A "life diagnosis function" monitors the condition of components such as capacitors and relays. It also detects faulty machine parts, such as ball screws, guide ways, and bearings. By analyzing machine friction, load inertia, timely maintenance can be scheduled to prevent downtime.
- Two and three axis amplifier models helps lower total cost of ownership (TCO) by reducing energy consumption and by saving cabinet and panel space and less wiring. Energy savings can be monitored by using the power monitor function available in MR-J4 amplifiers.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
- Survey Prize Winners
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey