Smart Camera, GigE Vision showcased at Automate
Teledyne DALSA showcased BOA smart cameras, BOA IDR, GEVA, and Genie GigE Vision compliant cameras; educated on color machine vision, camera interface technologies.
Teledyne DALSA, a Teledyne Technologies and a machine vision technology company, showcased its imaging components technology at Automate 2011 in Chicago, IL, March 21-24, 2011. Teledyne DALSA featured its smart camera solutions and Vision Appliances, as well as introduced its new BOA IDR, Teledyne DALSA’s first entry in the image-based ID category.
The company showcased the following products and technology:
- BOA Smart Cameras – Teledyne DALSA’s BOA is an all-in-one machine vision system that is smarter, easier to use, and more flexible than previous generations of smart cameras. BOA Smart Cameras have multiple processors, are rated for IP67 deployment for use in harsh environments and consume low power. BOA is available for both mono and color imaging with resolution from VGA up to 1280 x 960 and captures rates up to 60 frames per second. BOA now comes bundled with Inspect Express 1700 software for even faster application deployment. Control Engineering recently awarded BOA their 2011 Engineers’ Choice Award in the machine vision category.
- BOA IDR – Teledyne DALSA’s first entry in the image-based ID category, BOA IDR allows manufacturers to combine 1D and 2D tracking with other inspection tasks, such as character reading and verification, to ensure all product markings match and are readable when they leave the factory floor. BOA IDR is ideal for part recognition, tracking and verification applications in the automotive, electronics, packaging and pharmaceutical industries.
- GEVA GigE-ready Vision Appliance – GEVA offers a cost-effective multi-camera performance platform for industrial inspection tasks and is compatible with Teledyne DALSA’s full range of Genie and Spyder3 cameras, as well as third party cameras.
- Genie GigE Vision Compliant Cameras – With over 21 models and active resolutions from VGA up to 1600 X 1200, Genie cameras offer a versatile platform for both mono and color image capture with uncompromised image quality.
- Edited by Gust Gianos, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com