IMTS returns to Chicago for 2016
IMTS 2016 is the 31st edition of the premier manufacturing technology show in North America. More than 2,000 exhibiting companies will occupy 1.3 million net square feet of exhibit space at the McCormick Place complex in Chicago. IMTS is held every even-numbered year in Chicago. In 2014, the event drew more than 114,000 buyers and sellers from over 112 countries, making it North America’s largest manufacturing trade show.
About the Event
Show Sponsor: AMT—The Association For Manufacturing Technology
Show Dates: September 12-17, 2016
Show Location: McCormick Place, Chicago
- East and West Buildings: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily
- North, C Hall and South Buildings: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily
The 2,000 exhibitors on display are organized into product category pavilions:
Metal Cutting: contains everything from machining centers and assembly automation to flexible manufacturing systems and lathes.
Tooling & Workholding Systems: features jigs, fixtures, cutting tools of all types and related accessories.
Fabricating, Laser and Additive: home to waterjet, plasma-arc and laser systems, welding equipment, heat treating, additive manufacturing and related industries.
Other pavilions at IMTS include:
- Abrasive Machining, Sawing and Finishing
- Controls and CAD-CAM
- EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining)
- Gear Generation
- Machine Components, Cleaning and Environmental
- Quality Assurance.
Co-Located Shows Among the co-located events at IMTS are five pavilions produced by Hannover Fairs USA:
- Industrial Automation North America
- Motion Drive, & Automation North America
- Surface North America
- ComVac North America
- Industrial Supply North America.