Trade organization announces annual conference
The Electrical Apparatus Service Association (EASA) Annual Convention and Exposition from June 24 - 26, 2018 at the Wisconsin Center in Milwaukee, Wisc. is focused on the theme "Connect 2 Quality."
The Electrical Apparatus Service Association (EASA) will hold its Annual Convention and Exposition from June 24 – 26, 2018 at the Wisconsin Center in Milwaukee, Wisc. The theme for the 2018 Convention is "Connect 2 Quality."
EASA Chairman of the Board, Mr. Lenwood Ireland, said of the theme, "Attending the convention is the perfect way to Connect. Taking part in the education sessions, networking and sharing information help you boost your Quality."
The convention will once again feature a wide-ranging program addressing current business and management issues, including:
- Technology, Digitization and the Future of (Technical) Service Business: Technology and digitization are changing our understanding of value and the impact on technical service markets and businesses.
- Fanatical Prospecting – The Ultimate Guide for Starting Sales and Filling Your Business Pipeline: A systematic process for identifying, engaging, and moving high-value qualified prospecting into the sales pipeline.
- The Top 10 HR Mistakes to Avoid in 2018: Being an employer in the U.S. has never been easy, and the complexities just continue.
The convention program also includes a range of technical sessions focusing on the latest ideas for improving the operation of electromechanical equipment. These topics include:
- Introduction to Problem Solving and Root Cause Failure Analysis: Root cause failure analysis must take place within the context of a practical, problem-solving framework.
- Pump Curves and Affinity Laws – in Layman’s Terms: Understand the factors that determine pump performance and the load they impose on motors.
- Air Gap: What Is It, What Does It Do, and Why Is It Important? The role air gap plays in motor performance, recognize symptoms of an uneven air gap, and corrective measures.
Another feature of the EASA Convention is the three-day exposition featuring the industry’s leading manufacturers showing the latest in electric motors, drives and controls, pumps, generators, and other electromechanical equipment. The exposition features an open-floor format for attendees to talk face-to-face with companies that serve the electrical apparatus industry.
"Attendance at the EASA convention is open to all: members and non-members," said Linda J. Raynes, CAE, EASA president and CEO. "The technical program is a unique opportunity for plant engineering and maintenance personnel to learn about the latest practices to improve their operations and reduce downtime."
– Edited from an EASA press release by CFE Media. EASA, a CFE Media content partner, is an international trade association of more than 1,800 firms in nearly 80 countries that sell and service electromechanical apparatus.