The 2014 HVAC forecast: Warmth and growth
As AHR Expo approaches, industry optimism is high
While the weather forecast outside for the 2014 AHR Expo in New York City next month can be unpredictable, the forecast for the industry that will meet inside at the Javits Center is decidedly more positive.
A poll of HVAC industry leaders ahead of this year’s event, slated for January 21-23, shows not just a growing optimism for the coming year, but a decided lack of pessimism. The survey of the 1,000 industry leaders found 79% expected a good or excellent business climate in the coming year. The remaining 21% rated the prospects fair. A year ago, only 70% were optimistic about the coming year, and 3% expected a decline in the economy.
That optimism is reflected in a bullish sales forecast as well. The survey found 90% of respondents expected sales to increase in 2014, and 32% saw growth of more than 10%. The biggest growth markets are expected to be in the healthcare, commercial and data center markets. A total of 58% of respondents ranked heavy commercial business a promising growth market, while 53% saw manufacturing as a strong growth market.
While reliability and installed costs are seen as key issues for all segments of the industry, energy management is a growing market trend. That is reflected in the exhibitor offerings at this year’s Expo. More than two-thirds of attendees will introduce new products at this year’s AHR Expo, and 54% expect to debut energy-efficient products.
“Reducing energy usage for our customers is one of our most important goals,” said Michael O’Neil of Armstrong Fluid Technology, in an AHR press release. “We will be introducing some very innovative energy-saving products and solutions at AHR Expo that are designed to significantly reduce our customers’ carbon footprint.”
“With nearly 2,000 exhibiting companies from around the world showcasing hundreds of new products, there is no better resource attendees can use to find the solutions they seek,” added Clay Stevens, president of International Exposition Company, which produces and manages the AHR Expo.
2014 AHR Expo
Dates: January 21-23, 2014
Location: Javits Center, New York City
Exhibitors: More than 1,800 HVAC companies are scheduled to exhibit at the 66th annual event