Robotic and Lean manufacturing a good match
Incorporating standardization, optimization, and flexibility fits with Lean’s goals. Motion-centric automation and robotics add speed, flexibility, and productivity, with less energy and product waste.
- More productivity with less effort
- Waste avoidance
- Reduced engineering time
- Less energy usage
- More flexibility in production workflow or product
- Permanent optimization.
- Faster preparation of production data
- More transparent production data communication, transfer, and storage
- Increased ability to make modifications within the machine process
- Ease of configurability and control.
- Fast and dynamic robots for low payload in consumer goods or packaging
- Big robots with higher payloads such as for “end-of-line” packaging
- Bigger, low-dynamic intralogistics robots with high self-weight and payload such as a stacker crane.