CMMS upgrades in wastewater: Lessons for a smooth transition
A more advanced system improves operation and maintenance—if done correctly.
- Stricter compliance regulations;
- Aging equipment;
- Outdated technology; and
- Rising energy costs.
- Preventive maintenance scheduling capabilities
- Tracking functions, including corrective emergency maintenance tracking functions
- Incorporation of a coded identification system for inventorying all loose and packaged items.
- Establish an implementation team
- Create a road map and timeline
- Share best practices and practical knowledge with the core team
- Develop workflows and processes
- Standardize equipment maintenance procedures
- Develop an implementation process
- Configure applicable data fields and forms
- Train main users to ensure skilled CMMS use
- Create an attainable go-live strategy
- Audit the process.