2021 Engineering Leader Under 40: Kaishi Zhang, 34
Global Director, Product Management, Schneider Electric, Andover, MA, United States, BS Electrical Engineering, Zhejiang University, China, MS Electrical Engineering, University of Minnesota
Kaishi Zhang, 34
Global Director, Product Management
Andover, MA, United States
BS Electrical Engineering, Zhejiang University, China
MS Electrical Engineering, University of Minnesota
Why should this person be recognized for this award?
Kaishi has been dedicating his career to industrial automation since graduating from University of Minnesota in 2010. Having worked closely with customers in different functions such as R&D, field service, product marketing and management, Kaishi has been leading the team at Schneider Electric to define the next generation of automation platform since 2017. From ideation to production, EcoStruxure Automation Expert – the industry’s first universal automation offer was launched in October 2020, fulfilling Schneider Electric’s software-centric automation vision. Kaishi’s strong contribution to bring innovative products and solutions to the market is recognized by customers, partners and peers.
Achievements, Advancement & Career-related Industry Contributions
- Schneider Electric:
- Defined, developed and launched company’s next gen automation vision
- EcoStruxure Automation Expert: from ideation to production
- Successfully launched new Modicon PAC
- M580 in United States and defined Go-To-Market strategy
- Rockwell Automation
- Post-merger integration of ICS Triplex, merged supply chain and channel, led the integration between AADvance and ControlLogix lines
- Part of core team to bring new micro/nano PLC lines (Micro800) into the market
- Career advancements & certificates:
- TUV Functional Engineer
- ISA 84 SIS Fundamentals Specialist
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Transforming Schneider Leadership program
- Global Leadership Development Program Rockwell Automation
- MIT Executive program: Innovator’s DNA
Non-work-related Activities & Hobbies
Community voluntary work. To support the local community to fight against Covid-19, Kaishi has been involved in multiple activities in his local community like distributing masks and fund raising since last year.
- Global citizenship: Kaishi enjoys being a global citizen: grew up in China, has lived in United States and Singapore. He has visited more than 15 countries/regions and enjoys travelling.
- Be active Kaishi has been exceeding the goal to run one mile per day for last three years.
Why did they choose this career?
Kaishi is a strong believer of driving to a better life and sustainable world by technology. Industrial control technology is and will continue to be a key enabler for such a vision. One of the proud moments in his career for Kaishi is a recent win for an oxygen plant in India to fight COVID-19. With global experience and deep understanding of automation technology, Kaishi is dedicated for future evolution of automation solutions.