2011 AHR Expo Innovation Award winners
2011 AHR Expo Innovation Award Winners are to be honored in Las Vegas
The winners of the prestigious 2011 AHR Expo Innovation Awards have been selected and will be honored at a special ceremony during the world’s largest HVACR exposition and conference in Las Vegas, January 31 – February 2, 2011.
Representing a broad cross-section of the HVACR marketplace, the winning entries were selected in 10 categories and represent the most innovative new products among the thousands that will be displayed at the Show. A panel of judges made up of ASHRAE members evaluated the products submitted based on innovation, application, value to the user and market impact.
The winners of the 2011 AHR Expo Innovation Awards are:
- ecobee Energy Management System from ecobee
- DuCool DuTreat System Liquid desiccant Air Conditioner/dehumidifier from Advantix Systems
- Daikin Altherma Air-to-Water Heat Pump System from Daikin AC (Americas), Inc.
- V2 Injection Heat Pump (Air-to-Water) from LG Electronics, Inc.
Indoor Air Quality
- Fresh-Aire UV APCO In-duct Air Purifier from Triatomic Environmental, Inc.
- ecocirc Hot Water Circulator from ITT Residential and Commercial Water
- Copeland Discus Digital Compressor from Emerson Climate Technologies, Inc.
- CAN2GO embedded BAS IP Web Interface from CAN2GO (SCL Elements Inc.)
- Ultima ID Pro HVAC/R Refrigerant Analyzer from Neutronics Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric CITY MULTI Dedicated Outside Air System (DOAS) from Mitsubishi Electric Cooling and Heating Solutions
One of the 10 category winners will also be selected as the winner of the 2011 AHR Expo Product of the Year Award. Winners receive placards to display at their booths during the Show as well as an etched crystal award to be displayed at their company’s headquarters. In addition, Honorable Mention awards will be presented to 27 companies in these same 10 categories.
There were a record number of entries this year, up 18 percent from the previous record. The nearly $13,000 generated by the entry fees will be donated to a charitable organization in the Las Vegas area. Since the Innovation Awards inception in 2003, tens of thousands of dollars have been donated to charitable organizations and educational institutions in the cities where the Expo was held.
“We believe it is important to recognize manufacturers that have excelled in turning technology into useful and efficient products,” said Clay Stevens, President of International Exposition Company, which produces and manages the AHR EXPO. “We also want to thank all the companies who submitted entries for making it possible to donate funds to a worthy charitable cause.”
The Honorable Mentions are:
- AspectFT Web Based HVAC Energy Control from American Auto-Matrix
- WebVision(at)Building Automation Controller from Honeywell International Inc.
- MACH-ProWeb BACnet Building Controller from Reliable Controls Corp.
- IAQ-TEK Outdoor Air Volume Measuring System from Tek-Air Systems Inc.
- FXV Closed Circuit Cooling Tower from Baltimore Aircoil Company
- Variable Capacity Environmental Control Vertical Package Unit from Bard Manufacturing Company
- MPHE Heat Exchanger from Danfoss
- Chilled Door Rack Cooling System from Motivair Corporation
- Evergreen Cut’N Wrap Insulation Kit from Auburn Manufacturing, Inc.
- Mini Shield Pleat Filter from Columbus Industries, Inc.
- The ecobee Smart Thermostat from ecobee
- Knauf Insulation Earthwool 1000 Pipe Insulation from Knauf Insulation
- LG Multi V Plus II Integrated VRF Inverter Heat Pump from LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric CITY MULTI Hydronic Heat Exchanger (HEX) from Mitsubishi Electric Cooling and Heating Solutions
- Daikin Inverter Ducted Heat Pump from Daikin AC (Americas), Inc.
- Mayekawa Eco cute Transcritical CO2 Heat Pump from Mayekawa/Mycom
- Mitsubishi Electric CITY MULTI H2i Y-Series INVERTER-driven Heat Pump from Mitsubishi Electric Cooling and Heating Solutions
- ClimaDry II Reheat Option from ClimateMaster, Inc.
- Quaternity Heat Pump Split-System from Daikin AC (Americas), Inc.
Plumbing (No Honorable Mentions)
- ERC102 Refrigeration Controller from Danfoss
- Davisware GlobalEdge Business Management Software from Davis Business Solutions Inc.
- EnviraLINK HVAC Controls Remote Access System from Honeywell International Inc.
- Vibxpert II Portable Vibration Analyzer/Data Collector from Ludeca, Inc.
- RAMS 2014 Auxiliary Machine for Roll Forming from RAMS Sheet Metal Equipment, Inc.
- LBA Micro Airflow Differential Pressure Sensor from Sensortechnics, Inc.
- WhisperComfort Spot Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) from Panasonic Home and Environment Company
- FE20wlet Fan with Ecblue Motor from Ziehl-Abegg, Inc.
The Innovation Awards are jointly sponsored by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE); the Air-Conditioning Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI); and International Exposition Company (IEC), producers and organizers of the AHR Expo.
- Edited by Amanda McLeman, Plant Engineering, www.plantengineering.com
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Plant Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.
2012 Salary Survey
In a year when manufacturing continued to lead the economic rebound, it makes sense that plant manager bonuses rebounded. Plant Engineering’s annual Salary Survey shows both wages and bonuses rose in 2012 after a retreat the year before.
Average salary across all job titles for plant floor management rose 3.5% to $95,446, and bonus compensation jumped to $15,162, a 4.2% increase from the 2010 level and double the 2011 total, which showed a sharp drop in bonus.