Top 5 Operations Workforce Trends to Know for 2020
The maxim “change is the only constant” is a good representation of today’s workforce, where technical skill sets are much in demand, even as unemployment is at its lowest point in decades.
Consider the following:
- 50% of facility managers are expected to retire in the next 10 years
- 80% of Americans agree there is a workforce skills gap
- Of the 3.5 million manufacturing jobs projected to be available by 2025, 2 million are expected to go unfilled
The technologies relevant in our industry have changed more in the last 30 years than they did the previous 200 years. And for the first time in history, five generations of people are working together to deliver value, leading to a fascinating dynamic but also presenting challenges to managers and human resources.
These challenges also present an opportunity. That opportunity is to improve productivity and remain competitive using proven tools to hone your skills.
Tune in to this webinar to better understand the facts and statistics of how the workforce is changing and how these changes are impacting discrete manufacturing and process production operations. In addition, you’ll see how specific tools and technology are having a real impact on enterprise recruitment, employment and retention efforts. These same tools can help your team grow their skills, share knowledge and improve productivity.
See how you can have an impact that makes your company better.
- Learn how workforce changes are impacting manufacturing
- Explore how to create an opportunity by utilizing the latest tools available for recruitment and retention
- How to use technology to improve employee productivity and skill sets.
Paul Lachance, Senior Manufacturing Advisor, Dude Solutions
Kevin Parker, Content Manager, CFE Media & Technology