How to optimize industrial motor communications
1 CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT HOUR (PDH) AVAILABLE UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF AN EXAM.
What communications protocols are being used with industrial motors and drives, and what needs to be communicated? What information are motors and drives reporting and receiving? Are motor and drive communications getting easier or more difficult with more smart manufacturing, Industry 4.0 and Industrial Internet of Things initiatives in light of cybersecurity risks?
- Learn types of information communicated to and from motors and drives and why.
- Identify communication protocols used with industrial motors and drives and why.
- Examine how motor-drive communications contribute to smart manufacturing.
- Review cybersecurity best practices for motor-drive communications.
- See examples of motor-drive communications.
Michael Bowne, Executive Director, PI North America
Bob Trask, North American Representative, EtherCAT Technology Group
Paul Brooks, ODVA Distributed Motion and Time Synchronization, SIG Member
Mark Hoske, Content Manager, CFE Media and Technology