How to Become a Preventive Maintenance All-Star
It’s the day before your long-overdue vacation. Production is busy and then, wham, a major asset failure creates profit- (and morale-) killing downtime. You can almost smell the beach and BBQ, but you are forced into firefighting mode. Has this ever happened to you?
A Preventive Maintenance All-Star or “PM All-Star” rarely, if ever, has this occur. They have an organized maintenance program with the majority of work falling on the less-chaotic PM side. With the right tools, all manufacturers can move from a firefighting mode to a more stable and efficient proactive mode – and even if you’re already operating proactively, there’s always room to take it to the next level.
Join our discussion lead by Paul Lachance, Sr. Manufacturing Advisor at Dude Solutions and Bill Hoff, Director of Facilities and Environmental Services at JMA Wireless to learn more about what a PM All-Star is, where you fit in, why it matters and how you can reach a new level of stardom. You’ll be able to explore:
- The benefits of becoming a PM All-Star
- Where you fall on the continuum from firefighting to proactive maintenance
- A crawl, walk, run plan for continuous improvement
- The “other” PM – predictive maintenance and the Internet of Things
- Next steps for finding a partner to help you get started on your journey to becoming a PM All-Star
Bill Hoff, Director of Facilities and Environmental Services, NYS, JMA Wireles
Paul Lachance, Senior Manufacturing Advisor, Dude Solutions
Kevin Parker, Content Manager, CFE Media & Technology