Top 5 Plant Engineering articles, July 7-13: Arc flash, compressed air, manufacturing safety, more
Articles about reducing arc flash hazards, compressed air, safety concerns in manufacturing, propane truck maintenance, and employee engagement were Plant Engineering’s five most-clicked articles from last week, July 7-13. Were you out last week? Miss something? You can catch up here.
1. Reducing arc flash hazard on switchgear
Install a protective relay on the secondary side of the transformer and trip a primary side fault interrupting device.
2. Compressed air demand: find and fix leaks first
Don’t forget the demand side of your audit when assessing your compressed air system.
3. Top safety concerns in the manufacturing industry
Manufacturing facilities are riddled with risks, both hidden and out in the open.
4. Three steps to proper propane truck maintenance
Handle your trucks and your fuel with caution to maintain your propane fleet.
5. Optimizing employee engagement across the globe
A strategy for improving the employee experience can pay big dividends for everyone.
The list was developed using CFE Media’s web analytics for stories viewed on plantengineering.com, June 30 to July 6, for articles published within the last two months.
– Chris Vavra, content specialist, CFE Media, firstname.lastname@example.org.