Team-performance survey keys in on critical issues
A new survey from Target magazine (published by the Association for Manufacturing Excellence) and Sibson & Co. discusses what a high-performance team is, and pinpoints some of the ways to encourage and sustain top team performance in the manufacturing environment.
Here are some of the results from the survey:
– Teams positively impact company performance, according to 95% of the responding companies
– Strong teams are those which share healthy portions of commitment, effective communications, and a strong understanding of metrics and company and team goals
– Visible, frequent, and timely sharing of performance results is critical in improving team performance
– Rewards play a critical role in motivating and driving team performance
– Although there is no universally accepted formula for success, team and group incentives and skill/competency-based pay, combined with enthusiastic recognition programs, nurture team success
– Team performance climbs as the teams eventually become more self-managing.
More information on the survey and its results can be obtained from the Association for Manufacturing Excellence, phone 847-520-3282, fax 847-520-0163.