Spotlight on safety
This month's 1998 National Safety Congress & Exposition in Los Angeles promises to provide valuable information on hundreds of aspects of safety in the workplace.
This month’s 1998 National Safety Congress & Exposition in Los Angeles promises to provide valuable information on hundreds of aspects of safety in the workplace. This month’s Forum column is pleased to offer information on the Congress, plus some additional resources for safety training.
– National Safety Congress & Expo-sition, Los Angeles Convention Center, Los Angeles, CA; October 25-30, 1998. More than 800 exhibitors, plus special educational seminars, roundtable discussions, and special events. For information, contact National Safety Council at 630-775-2307, or visit their web site at www.nsc.org.
– For those who cannot get to a live trade show, Honeywell’s Micro Switch Div. has announced a new virtual trade show on the web at www.honeywell.com/sensing/ virtual. The site highlights a line of machine safety products and promises to give attendees all the benefits of attending an actual show, but without the disadvantages of travel, cost, and sore feet.
– The 1999 “Think Safety” monthly planner is a handy book that is filled with information on how to reduce accidents, cut health care costs, increase productivity, and raise employee morale. The planner is pocket-sized and offers a new safety slogan every month. A customized message can be imprinted on the front cover. For pricing and ordering information, contact Positive Promotions at 800-635-2666.
– Fall prevention and protection training provides the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve a safe work environment. Courses for 1998 run through December in 32 locations in the U.S. and Canada. Courses include Awareness I (4 hr), Supervisor (8 hr), and Competent Person I (16 hr). All materials for the training are provided. For additional information, contact Dalloz Fall Protection at 800-873-5242, or visit their web site at www.cdalloz.com.
– Regulatory reference guide informs respirator users about the changes incorporated into the new NIOSH standard 42 CFR Part 84 and revised OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134. The guide provides information on the history and intent of the new regulations and an employee study guide. To obtain a copy, call North Safety Products at 800-430-4110.