PVC coated sealing locknut
Plasti-Bond's PVC coated sealing locknut provides protection for exposed conduit threads from corrosion.
Plasti-Bond’s PVC coated sealing locknut is a simple, detachable sleeve providing a consistent seal over exposed conduit threads at the point of connection, designed to prevent thread exposure. Its features include:
- Built-in gasket at the face of a locknut to provide a positive seal against water, oils, and other liquids against the hub of a connected fitting
- An integral sleeve on the reverse side of the locknut designed to fit securely over the circumference of the adjacent coated conduit
- Extra thin construction which allows the sleeve to thread on only 2-1/2 threads leaving at least seven threads for complete engagement of the conduit to its connected fitting
- Gasket and sleeves made of specially formulated and UL-recognized PVC materials, tested for aging-resistant, compressive ,and tensile properties.
- A simple design which allows for easy installation and tightening over conduit threads at joints throughout the system. The tools required for tightening include a strap-wrench and lube to assist the fitted sleeve over PVC-coated conduit. By eliminating product failure, the staggering cost of downtime, safety hazards, replacement costs, and related liabilities are eliminated.
– Edited by Carly Marchal, content specialist, CFE Media, firstname.lastname@example.org.