Nine pavilions at IMTS let attendees focus on specific needs
IMTS 2014 is organized into nine pavilions with specific focuses on areas like additive manufacturing, metal cutting, quality assurance, and gear generation. Link to roundup of Day 1 coverage.
The 2014 IMTS Show, Sept. 8-13 at Chicago’s McCormick Place, is a huge event, both in importance and in space. More than 1.2 million sq. ft. of exhibit space, 1,900 companies and more than 100,000 expected attendees make IMTS a lot to take in if you don’t know what you’re looking for.
To help guide visitors around the vast exhibits and find their areas of interest quickly and easily, IMTS is organized into nine pavilions:
- The Abrasive Machining/Sawing/Finishing Pavilion features technology for applications that require high tolerance and precision surface finish including grinding technology, as well as sawing and cutoff machines and a variety of finishing technologies, such as lapping, balancing, honing and polishing machines.
- The Controls & CAD-CAM Pavilion offers the world of custom automation and the latest software needed to extract the maximum efficiency from machine tools to optimize plant operations and cost efficiency.
- In the EDM Pavilion, everything from CNC wire EDM equipment to die sinking machines can be found by manufacturing professionals in the tool & die industry and especially those who specialize in one-off or specialty components.
- The Fabricating/Laser/Additive Pavilion is devoted to showcasing the latest technology in fabricating, metal forming, laser and waterjet-based machining and additive manufacturing, along with displays of welding, metal treating and marking equipment.
- The Gear Generation Pavilion is devoted to gear cutting, forming and finishing, as well as broaching, shaping and slotting machines and will spotlight traditional applications such as auto, construction, mining and ship-building, plus the emerging alternative energy and wind power sectors.
- Focusing on the myriad of goods needed to run a plant, the Machine Components/Cleaning/Environmental Pavilion will offer everything from the parts to service and monitor machines to the components necessary for safe and environmentally responsible operations.
- The Metal Cutting Pavilion is the center of the very foundation of the machine tool industry. Here, visitors will find the latest innovations in metal cutting equipment including machining centers, turning centers and the entire range of metal cutting technology.
- The Quality Assurance Pavilion features metrology equipment and systems that keep processes on track, as well as the equipment that will check the accuracy of machines.
- The Tooling & Workholding Systems Pavilion offers all the necessities and innovative solutions to tooling challenges. Here, visitors can maximize the investment in their machinery and equipment by finding the latest technology that will allow for minimum setup and machining time, give new capabilities to older equipment and explore the latest in state-of-the-art workholding systems.
CFE Media will sponsor the 2014 Global Automation and Manufacturing Summit on Sept. 10 starting at 8:15 a.m. in Room W190 in the West Wing of McCormick Place.
To learn more about IMTS, the IMTS 2014 Conference, and to register, visit IMTS.com. Conversations within the IMTS community are going on at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IMTS_2014 or @IMTS_2014