Mobility a driver in digital transformation: study
IFS report finds devices deliver useful information to the field, even if a majority aren’t yet using it.
“The IFS study suggests that companies with employees accessing enterprise systems from mobile devices, such as enterprise resource planning (ERP), enterprise asset management (EAM) or field service management (FSM), were more prepared for digital transformation than their less-mobile peers,” said Chuck Rathmann, senior marketing communications analyst for IFS North America in a press release announcing the study’s results.
- Enable accurate and real-time collection of enterprise information for more efficient operation and executive decision support
- Improve the customer experience in field service environments
- Increase the productivity of technical staff by allowing them to interact with systems like EAM or computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) while in the field or on the plant floor
- Enable workers and enterprise systems to harness advanced features of mobile devices including geolocation and cameras
- Improve the amount and quality of information available to those servicing assets or customers, allowing for better first-time-fix rates in field service environments, more reliable troubleshooting and less downtime in a plant environment
- Allow users to engage with software systems more frequently, increasing the return on investment for enterprise software.