Leaders Under 40: From diversity, a common commitment
View our interactive profile wall at the following: www.plantengineering.com/leaders2011.
Just as there is no one program that will crank out the next generation of manufacturing leaders, there is no one path to a career in manufacturing. The 11 people we recognize as Plant Engineering’s 2011 Leaders Under 40 exemplify this diversity.
Some see the practical applications of manufacturing; some enjoy the mental aspect of problem solving. Some see the global nature of the business as a way to expand their horizons. One person dreams of climbing above that horizon to give the world an aerial view of the potential of manufacturing and engineering. They touch every corner of the plant floor, from engineering to tool and die to supply chain to operations management.
Their common trait is that they recognize the promise and the possibilities of a career in manufacturing and have seized the chance to make a difference. They and thousands like them make up the future of manufacturing. Our industry benefits from the skill and commitment of these dozen individuals. Our industry needs to find a way to develop thousands of more people just like them.
See a list of the winners below.
Read about this year’s winners and the cover story for Plant Engineering September:
Plant Engineering September: Plugging the Skills Gap
View our interactive profile wall at the following link: www.plantengineering.com/leaders2011.
Congratulations to the 2011 Leaders Under 40:
- Matthew L. Hilgendorf, Chief Metrologist, Caterpillar Inc.
- Jeffrey Jackson, Director, AutoLean Inc.
- Jeff Josselyn, Lead Engine Builder, Yancey Enterprises
- Grady Knight, Project Engineer, Star SU
- Patricia Landry, Maintenance Manager, Noranda Alumina
- Scott McClelland, Manufacturing Manager, Siemens Industry Inc.
- Jason Murphy, Plant Manager, Zeller Plastik
- Anthony Roach, Engineering and Maintenance Manager, FONA International
- Adam Rushing, Facility Operator, BP
- Andrew Schaus, Vice President of Operations, Microplastics Inc.
- Roxanne Smith, Supply Chain Manager, Siemens Industry Inc.