IMTS Conference offers solutions to manufacturing issues
The 2014 IMTS show, Sept. 8-13 at McCormick Place in Chicago, will feature a variety of conference-within-a-conference opportunities for continuing education.
The IMTS 2014 Conference will feature 69 one-hour presentations over four days that will provide solutions to current manufacturing problems, such as improving productivity, improving part quality, and developing a stable, competent workforce to lower the costs of manufacturing in the United States and create new levels of market demand. The five topic tracks are:
- Process Innovations: Composites, exotic materials, new materials, R&D, general cutting, (turning, milling, drilling, etc.), grinding and tooling/workholding;
- Alternative Manufacturing Processes: Additive/3D printing, EDM, fastening and joining, laser, waterjet and welding;
- Plant Operations: Cost justification, energy efficiency, government initiatives, Lean manufacturing, life cycle management and training and workforce development;
- Quality/Metrology: Inspection, measuring, optical and 3D, standards and testing’
- Systems Integration: CAD/CAM, motion control, robotics, software and vision systems.
CFE Media will sponsor the 2014 Global Automation and Manufacturing Summit on Sept. 10 starting at 8:15 a.m. in Room W190 in the West Wing of McCormick Place.
To learn more about IMTS, the IMTS 2014 Conference, and to register, visit IMTS.com. Conversations within the IMTS community are going on at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IMTS_2014 or @IMTS_2014