Control system migration: Plan early and collaborate
Front-end loading (FEL) offers advantages for planning and budgeting
- What tasks should be done first?
- How do we reduce risk and keep operations up and running?
- How do we manage our existing resources and transition from old to new processes?
- Do we even have enough qualified resources with the extra time to plan and execute the project on a full-time basis?
- How do we manage the project scope, budget, schedule, and overall plans?
- What are the hardware and software technology needs?
- What suppliers should we use?
- FEL 1: Align automation opportunities with business needs and goals
- FEL 2: Determine preferred project/program option and obtain capital funding
- FEL 3: Finalize scope, cost, and schedule for automation projects