Air Conditioners featuring filter-free, energy-efficient design, broad range of cooling capacities
Pentair Technical Products McLean brand SPECTRACOOL Indoor and Outdoor Air Conditioners deliver vital cooling to sensitive electronics within enclosures. Designed to meet a broad range of application requirements, the air conditioners now feature a dust-resistant treated coil, supporting filter-less operation in most environments. SPECTRACOOL Air Conditioners provide a broad range of cooling capacities, power input and mounting options.
The filter-less option reduces clogging—which can lead to extremely costly and time-consuming system failures. This design additionally saves labor and money typically required for filter replacements. SPECTRACOOL Air Conditioners also feature rotary compressors, which are more energy efficient than reciprocating compressors and allow quick re-start under pressure without causing damage. Plus, the air conditioners use R134A earth-friendly refrigerant to lower their environmental impact.
Dual impellers—which pull air into the front of the unit and direct the air upwards in a 90-degree angle for the most direct air path—provide redundancy on the condenser side. An integrated active condensate evaporator provides a method of removing condensation without the need for a drain tube, and a thermal expansion valve can increase or decrease the refrigerant flow according to load changes on the evaporator.
SPECTRACOOL Indoor and Outdoor Air Conditioners feature a modern, attractive all-metal exterior cover with minimal use of visible fasteners. The cover is easily removable in one piece for repainting at the customer’s location. An outdoor package enclosure heater option provides the ability to operate in temperatures as low as -40 degrees Celsius, and a reliable mechanical thermostat on the enclosure side features a digital display for visual performance monitoring. Integrated EZ mount tabs facilitate easy installation, allowing units to be rested on the enclosure cutout during installation. Units offer surface mounting and can be specially ordered for recessed mount.
Features that make SPECTRACOOL Indoor and Outdoor Air Conditioners particularly effective and easy-to-use include:
- Provide 4,000, 6,000, 8,000, 12,000 and 20,000 BTUs/Hr. (1,172, 1,758, 2,300, 3,500 and 5,900 W) of cooling
- Include models for 115, 230 and 400/460 3-phase AC volt power input
- Offer a dust-resistant, treated coil, supporting filter-less operation in most environments
- Feature a rotary compressor to deliver up to 23 percent greater energy efficiency
- Include R134a earth-friendly refrigerant; RoHS compliant
- Produce 68 dB or less for quieter operation than other traditional air conditioners
- Units are UL Type 12/3R/4 rated and are Telcordia GR-487 capable, providing reliable operation
- Feature lightweight design and built-in hooks on the back of units to facilitate easy installation
- Provide corrosion-resistant components to withstand demanding environments
Hoffman: A Pentair Company