Vision sensor series for enhanced communication and inspection
Banner Engineering's iVu Plus TG Gen2 and BCR Gen2 vision sensor series feature Ethernet connectivity and multiple inspection capability on the plant floor and have an IP67-rated housing, making it useful for hazardous plant conditions.
Banner Engineering's iVu Plus TG Gen2 and BCR Gen2 vision sensor series feature Ethernet connectivity and multiple inspection capability, which enable the sensors to share inspection data directly with PLCs, PCs or other factory devices, which is intended to make communication and control easier on the plant floor.
The iVu Plus TG Gen2 vision sensors offer the option for full 752 x 480 resolution and they can be configured to operate using four different sensor types. These types include Area, which verifies the presence of a feature or features of interest; Blemish, which identifies flaws on a part, such as scratches on a disc; Match, which verifies that a pattern, shape or part in any orientation matches a reference pattern; and Sort, which recognizes and sorts as many as 10 different patterns of parts, such as nuts, bolts and washers. The iVu Plus BCR Gen2 offers enhanced traceability with an integrated touch screen for easy setup and monitoring. Featuring a new coarse mode option, the iVu Plus BCR Gen2 sensors allow for faster barcode read rates, especially for 2D barcodes.
The Gen2 series is available in four models:
- iVu Plus TG Gen2 Integrated: An intuitive interface and functionality with enhanced remote communication, multiple inspections and sensor set.
- iVu Plus TG Gen2 Remote: A unique remote screen interface with an exceptionally wide viewing angle, high-speed processing and separate touch screen display for remote mounting.
- iVu Plus BCR2 Integrated: A barcode reader with accurate traceability in a compact, rugged package with integrated touch screen for easy setup and monitoring.
- iVu Plus BCR2 Remote: A barcode reader solution for applications where the vision sensor location makes it difficult to use an integrated display.
Each iVu Plus Gen2 model is housed in an IEC IP67-rated housing, making the sensors rugged and versatile to suit a broad range of application environments.
- Edited by CFE Media. See more Control Engineering discrete sensor and vision products.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
- Survey Prize Winners
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey