User-friendly data acquisition, test, and measurement software
Product Exclusive: High-performance Dataforth IPEmotion software is available with the Dataforth MAQ20 data acquisition and control system.
Dataforth Corporation, Tucson, Ariz., now offers IPEmotion software with its leading-edge Dataforth MAQ20 data acquisition and control system. IPEmotion is an advanced, intuitive, user-friendly data acquisition, test, and measurement software designed for industrial and R&D applications.
Rugged and reliable, this powerful new generation software provides synchronized data acquisition and is easily adaptable to all customer specific requirements, including device configuration, data acquisition measurement, visualization, and analysis. To meet these requirements, IPEmotion provides automatic recognition of connected devices, automatic configuration of all channels, automatic start of measuring, and instant visualization of all measurement values.
“With the addition of IPEmotion, the MAQ20 is now classed with the best data acquisition and control systems on the market,” said Robert Smith, vice president of sales and marketing.
Dataforth MAQ20 / IPEmotion measurements include temperature, current and voltage, strain, pressure, frequencies, rotational speeds, logging, and diagnostic data. Key Dataforth MAQ20 / IPEmotion features:
- Live data display, recording, online and offline math and logic functions
- One-click acquisition with direct hardware detection, data display, and recording
- Live adjustment to analyze and verify measurements during active data acquisition and graphic user interface (GUI) adaptation during active measurement and storage
- Data analysis
- Post-processing and report generation
- Easy drag-and-drop
- High-speed recording
- Plug-in synchronization
- Import and export recorded data to standard file formats
- Scripting option
- Configurable gauges for wide-ranging applications
- Multilingual: To enhance ease of use and increase productivity, the versatile IPEmotion is currently available in seven languages: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese (traditional and simplified), Korean, and Japanese. Russian and other languages will be available in the near future.
Well-designed for long-term measurements, IPEmotion allows measurement analysis and verification during data acquisition. Storage can be on a local hard drive or a remote drive, including a mapped Internet or network drive.
IPEmotion communicates with the Dataforth MAQ20 via a PlugIn driver. The software also enables many functions to be integrated by linking external .dll and Visual Basic Script (.VBS) files to the application. This powerful tool enables users to automate the measurement process and to change menus, settings, analyzing procedures, and other aspects of the software.
- Edited by Mark T. Hoske, content manager, CFE Media, Control Engineering, email@example.com.
www.controleng.com/products has more product information.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey