Top product suppliers join Rockwell Automation product referencing program
Four product suppliers have joined Rockwell Automation’s Encompass third-party product referencing program which offers customers access to complementary products to help best solve application challenges.
Four product suppliers have recently joined the Rockwell Automation Encompass third-party product referencing program, which helps manufacturers quickly locate products to solve application challenges. KUKA Robotics Corporation, the Schaffner Group, Yaskawa Motoman Robotics, and MathWorks join the more than 100 Encompass member companies who supplement Rockwell Automation installations in one of three ways: provide built-in connectivity to the Rockwell Automation Integrated Architecture system, offer a critical component necessary to a manufacturer’s application or provide industry or application expertise using specialized product technology, according to Rockwell Automation.
The Encompass program is part of the Rockwell Automation PartnerNetwork framework, said to include thousands of specialists in industries, applications, geographies, technologies and services around the world. As part of the PartnerNetwork framework, Encompass members enjoy improved customer engagement through promotion and co-marketing opportunities. The Encompass program also helps member companies increase market awareness of products, attain access to new market sectors and improve technical and functional excellence. Following are additional details about each of the new Encompass partners:
- KUKA Robotics Corporation – offering PA Series robotics utilizing Allen-Bradley ControlLogix programmable automation controllers (PACs) for applications in packaging, layer forming and palletizing (www.kuka-robotics.com/usa/en/)
- Schaffner Group – designing active and passive harmonic filters for variable frequency drives to support energy efficiency (www.schaffner.com)
- Yaskawa Motoman Robotics – offering MLX100 robotics interfaces with ControlLogix PACs for packaging and palletizing robotic control (www.motoman.com)
- MathWorks – developing Mathlab and Simulink virtual design and production software to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation and development in industry (www.mathworks.com)
In addition to the new Encompass program members, two current members have recently announced the expansion of membership from North America into Europe.
- Specter Instruments – designing remote alarm notification software that allows users to view and organize alarms over cellular networks (www.specterinstruments.com)
- Marathon Technologies – offering fault tolerant software that delivers simple, affordable and continuous uptime for Windows applications (www.marathontechnologies.com)
- Edited by Amanda McLeman, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey