Tips & Tricks contest deadline is June 11
To paraphrase a well known quotation, now is the time for all good maintenance people to send in their tips. Entries for Plant Engineering magazine's September Tips & Tricks article will be accepted until Friday, June 11.
To paraphrase a well known quotation, now is the time for all good maintenance people to send in their tips. Entries for Plant Engineering magazine's September Tips & Tricks article will be accepted until Friday, June 11. Here's how the process works.
- Maintenance tips received at any time are evaluated for usefulness to our readers.
- If a tip is accepted for publication, the sender receives $35 when it has appeared in the monthly Simple Solutions department.
- Tips deemed especially useful (and received by June 11) will be published in the September "Tips & Tricks" article and earn the sender $35.
- Each entry in the September article is marked with a reader service number, allowing readers to vote for the top five tips.
- Winners will be announced in the December issue. The highest vote getter will reward the submitter with $1000. The two runners-up will each receive $250.
Send your entries (multiple submittals are permitted) to Simple Solutions at the address in the box below.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey