SPONSORED White paper: Hybrid Refrigerated/Desiccant Compressed Air Dryers
Kaeser Compressors’ whitepaper, "Hybrid Refrigerated/Desiccant Compressed Air Dryers" by compressed air experts Wayne Perry and David Phillips, explains how a hybrid dryer can reduce energy costs for large systems needing extremely dry air.
For those relatively few, but general large compressed air applications that need extremely dry air (down to -40 degrees Fahrenheit), there are several types of desiccant dyers to do the job. In many cases, the most effective and least costly to operate wil be a hybrid dryer system. The hybrid solution includes both refrigerated and desiccant systems in series. Refrigeration will typically remove 85% to 88% of the total amount of water, and the desiccant dryer is challenged with only the remaining 12% to 15% of the total water removal.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
- Survey Prize Winners
- CFE Edu
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey