Scanning x-ray detectors for dental, medical imaging
Dalsa’s CCD/TDI x-ray imaging module provides higher resolution with easy Ethernet connectivity.
Dalsa Corporation [TSX: DSA], a global leader in digital image sensing technology, produces its Argus platform of CCD/TDI-based X-ray image scanners developed for use in the medical and dental fields. Argus modules include high resolution scintillation technology and standard Ethernet connectivity, allowing images to be ported directly to the host computer for image processing. Assembled with advanced MEMs fabrication techniques in Dalsa’s own wafer foundry, they also reportedly provide unmatched resolution by joining multiple silicon detectors for large fields of view up to 44 cm wide.
Patented TDI Technology
The Argus platform incorporates Dalsa’s patented TDI (Time Delay and Integration) technology for reported high sensitivity, unmatched detective quantum efficiency (DQE) and incredible image quality at lower patient exposures.
"A good X-ray detector has to absorb and utilize as many X-ray quanta as possible in order to minimize the patient exposure to X-rays, while producing the highest resolution, contrast and image quality. Dalsa’s new cost-effective Argus platform provides such performance in a module that is easy to integrate in the X-ray imaging system,” says Behnam Rashidian, Argus product manager.
The Argus-PAN is designed for extra-oral imaging applications. The extremely low noise operation, coupled with high performance 16-bit ADC, purportedly provides up to 80dB of dynamic range. Primary Argus-PAN features include:
- Assembled with advanced MEMs fabrication techniques for high resolution and large fields of view up to 44 cm wide.
- Flexible and robust module form factor for ease of integration into existing panoramic dental systems.
- High dynamic range and sensor large full well enables high contrast images.
- Low sensor readout noise provides images with high clarity.
- 100 Mb Ethernet interface for ease of interface to the X-ray modality.
- 16bit ADC for high precision image capture.
- Anti-blooming, preserves image integrity on the edges and in bright spots of the image.
In addition to the Argus-PAN, the Argus line scan TDI X-ray imaging platform will support two other modules, the Argus-DQ, and the Argus-Scan. The Argus-DQ features an advanced scintillation technology for ultra-high resolution and low noise applications like mammography. The Argus-SCAN will provide an extremely wide 44 cm wide field of view ideal for applications such as body scanning and trauma imaging.
www.dalsa.com Dalsa Corporation
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
Annual Salary Survey
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey