Safe HVACR contractors applauded
With its 2008 Safety Masters Club and Safety Award of Merit recognitions, Air Conditioning Contractors of America salutes contractors that focus on keeping workplaces safe.
The Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) has announced a number of recognitions for HVACR contractors demonstrating a commitment to fostering safe workplace practices. The association bestows its Safety Award of Merit upon member companies with the best lost-time incident rate record for 2007 in each of four categories.
This year’s recipients include:
* 0 to 40,000 hours: Controlled Conditions Corp., Chesapeake, Va.
* 40,001 to 100,000 hours: Energy Management Specialists, Cleveland
* 100,001 to 200,000 hours: Conditioned Air Inc., Macon, Ga.
* 200,001 + hours: Halco Inc., Phelps, N.Y.
In addition, the ACCA named several HVACR contractors to its Safety Masters Club roster:
* Bay Area Air Conditioning, Crystal River, Fla.
* Brady Services Inc., Greensboro, N.C.
* CHC Mechanical Contractors, Cookeville, Tenn.
* Coastal Heating and Air Conditioning, Annapolis, Md.
* Conditioned Air Corp., Naples, Fla.
* Conditioned Air Inc., Macon, Ga.
* Controlled Conditions Corp., Chesapeake, Va.
* Cooper Oates Air Conditioning, Sacramento, Calif.
* Energy Management Specialists, Cleveland
* Halco Inc., Phelps, N.Y.
* Hardesty Team, Oklahoma City
* Harrington Engineering, Rocky Hill, Conn.
* Hobaica Services, Phoenix
* Isaac Heating and Air Conditioning, Rochester, N.Y.
* Peaden Air Conditioning, Panama City, Fla.
* Thermal Concepts, Davie, Fla.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
- Survey Prize Winners
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey