Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) advances shown at Interop Las Vegas 2011
Microsemi recently demonstrated PoE innovations that improve power delivery, management and efficiency.
Microsemi Corp. demonstrated a number of Power Over Ethernet (PoE) advances at Interop Las Vegas 2011, including its recently announced Energy-Efficient PoE (EEPoE) front-end Powered Device (PD) ICs, and upgraded software that enables its PowerDsine midspans to seamlessly support the Internet's move from IPv4 to IPv6 technology for improved Internet addressing.
Microsemi demonstrations included:
- Higher Power with Improved Efficiency: Microsemi's recently announced PD70x0x family of front-end Powered Device (PD) ICs enables PDs to receive up to 51 watts of power, with unparalleled energy efficiency at both full load and on standby.
- Solutions for Migrating Network Power Infrastructure to IPv6 Technology: Microsemi PowerView Pro software upgrade, which provides a seamless, transparent solution for ensuring that Microsemi's PowerDsine midspans can support the Internet's next-generation addressing technology.
- Support for Emerging HDBaseT Standard: Microsemi's recently announced PD6910x Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) PoE manager ICs are the first to comply with specifications for HDBaseT, an emerging connectivity technology for long-distance transmission of uncompressed high-definition video, audio and power. Microsemi heads the sub-committee that is developing Power-over-HDBaseT (PoH) specifications which are expected to enable the delivery of 95 watts/port while being backwards compatible with IEEE802.3at-2009 and without infringing any of the PoE safety requirements.
- Advanced Switching Applications: Marvell has integrated Microsemi PD69100 microcontroller capabilities into its Integrated Secure-Switch-Router (ISSR) platform. Microsemi's unique Distributed PoE architecture enables PoE controller functionality to be embedded inside Marvell's processors, increasing the level of PoE integration, performance and responsiveness for Marvell's ISSR solutions.
- Expanded Evaluation Solutions: Evaluation boards for its PD70x0x and PD69108 solutions, as well as its PD69104A Auto-Mode PoE PSE manager IC, an integrated and energy efficient 4-port PoE solution.
- Resilient Power Management: Resilient Power Management technology that alerts IT managers and prevents powered device disconnections.
Also see www.controleng.com/networks.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey