Panasonic FX-500 series digital fiber sensors
Panasonic Electric Works Corporation of America offers the new Sunx brand FX-500 series high end digital fiber sensors for ultra high speed calculations, long sensing range.
The new Sunx brand FX-500 series high end digital fiber sensors is released for Americas from Panasonic Electric Works Corporation of America. With its exclusive detection ASIC designed specifically for the series, the FX-500 can process ultra high speed calculations while offering a long sensing range.
Also, combined with newly released super quality fibers, the FX-500 delivers high precision stable detections for challenging applications, such as for electronic components, automatic assembling, LCD / semiconductor, pharmaceutical, and packaging industries.
Features said to enhance performance and usability include :
- Maximum 25
- Hypr mode for long sensing distance, up to 5.6 times longer than the conventional model (FX-301 series);
- Large bright dual-digital display with a wide viewing angle. The display enables simultaneous viewing of the threshold and incident light values for quick and effective setup and use;
- Direct threshold setting, direct teaching. Teach the amplifier through its "run" mode, simplifying the setup process down to two presses of the "set" button. The user can also directly change the threshold value using plus and minus buttons.
- High stability. Each unit is calibrated at the factory off a standard target to ensure that its digital value is constantly controlled, thus suppressing differences between amplifiers. Used with new Panasonic super quality fibers, stability is maximized to ensure consistent performance.
Better fiber optics : A new line of precision fiber optics achieves added stability to the FX-500 amplifier by diminishing part to part variance in intensity and fiber positioning. Variation in emission intensity of the fiber core is controlled down to less than +-10%, achieving a stable detection. The centering precision of the fiber core attached to the inserting plug is doubled, allowing for the variation among units to be greatly suppressed. Also the fibers have a 4 mm bending radius with bending durability of 10 million times, the company says.
Panasonic Electric Works Corporation of America is a U.S. subsidiary of Panasonic Electric Works Ltd., (formerly Matsushita Electric Works, Ltd.) an $11 billion company and major developer, manufacturer and provider of electrical construction, materials, home appliances, residential building materials, automation control products, wiring devices and electronic materials. Sunx is the brand of industrial sensors and laser markers from Sunx Ltd., a major affiliated company of Panasonic Electric Works.
Also read from Control Engineering :
- Slim PLC from Panasonic Electric Works ;
- Ultra slim profile type 4 light curtain ;
- Sensors Channel - news and products about industrial sensors .
- Edited by Mark T. Hoske, editor in chief, Control Engineering , www.controleng.com.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
- Survey Prize Winners
- CFE Edu
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey