Pack Expo Las Vegas 2011, Sept. 26-28
PMMI, organizer of Pack Expo Las Vegas 2011 is breaking records and expanding to "deliver the largest and most comprehensive packaging and processing trade show experience in North America this year."
Pack Expo Las Vegas 2011 is breaking records and expanding to deliver the largest and most comprehensive packaging and processing trade show experience in North America this year, said show organizers. The trade show, produced by PMMI, will be at the Las Vegas (Nevada) Convention Center Sept. 26–28, 2011. In a July 27 announcement, PMMI said the show was outpacing the 2009 Las Vegas show in every category. More than 1,600 exhibitors will be on site, and exhibit space has grown to more than 600,000 net square feet. Special exhibit pavilions, including The Brand Zone, The Processing Zone, The Pharmaceutical Pavilion and The Reusable Packaging Pavilion, were sold out, PMMI said.
"We're excited about the way Pack Expo Las Vegas 2011 is shaping up," said PMMI president and CEO, Charles D. Yuska. "The Las Vegas show has grown considerably over the past 15-plus years, and now it has more to offer than ever. This year, we're presenting a number of special features, many of them brand new."
PMMI said the show includes:
- The opportunity to connect with more than 1,600 world-class suppliers and 25,000 colleagues — Pack Expo Las Vegas is the largest packaging and processing trade show in North America this year
- Total systems solutions for precisely integrated production lines
- Cutting-edge technologies to apply in all vertical markets
- An enhanced conference program presented by key industry players
- Dedicated industry pavilions for confectionery, processing, reusable packaging, and pharmaceutical, and an expanded Brand Zone with materials that shape winning brands
- Market-specific lounges for networking and education on the show floor: The Candy Bar, The Baking/Snack Break and the Rx Lounge
- The premiere of the Pack Expo Leadership Lecture series, with Gen. Colin Powell, former U.S. Secretary of State, National Security Advisor and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, on "Diplomacy: Persuasion, Trust & Values" (for an additional fee)
- The future of retailing and packaging, as envisioned by Clemson University
- Material ConneXion's display of the newest packaging materials available
- The Showcase of Packaging Innovations — 300 award-winning packages
- The Sixth annual Pack Expo Selects Competition (Remember to cast your vote!)
PMMI is a trade association of 560-plus member companies that manufacture packaging, processing and related converting machinery in the United States or Canada; machinery components and packaging containers and materials. PMMI's vision is to be the leading global resource for packaging, and its mission is to improve and promote members' abilities to meet the needs of their customers.
Annual Salary Survey
After almost a decade of uncertainty, the confidence of plant floor managers is soaring. Even with a number of challenges and while implementing new technologies, there is a renewed sense of optimism among plant managers about their business and their future.
The respondents to the 2014 Plant Engineering Salary Survey come from throughout the U.S. and serve a variety of industries, but they are uniform in their optimism about manufacturing. This year’s survey found 79% consider manufacturing a secure career. That’s up from 75% in 2013 and significantly higher than the 63% figure when Plant Engineering first started asking that question a decade ago.