Operational systems health monitoring application
ION system health monitoring from Apprion provides real-time analysis of the overall health of critical systems.
Apprion announced the release of the ION System Health Monitoring Application. ION System Health Monitoring provides real-time analysis and visualization of the health of any and all operational systems. ION System Health Monitoring provides unified visibility of the entire facility system including devices, machines, and all networks giving managers complete insight and knowledge about the health and status of their system and enables them to identify potential issues and take immediate action.
ION System Health Monitoring provides one unified view for simplicity, organization and visibility into all the information, activities and details of a facility’s complex network systems. This one unified view gives your workforce one record with many views for better accountability, less complexity, and more impactful information. Key features include:
- Real-time, At-a-Glance, Unified Views - Real-time, at-a-glance views of the health of entire systems, sub-systems, and their components - machines, devices, networks, and software in one central console enables managers to proactively monitor and manage all components of your system.
- Unlimited, Personalized Views – Tap into the unique power of your workforce by giving them the view of the world they want, not the view that your systems think they should see.
- Advanced System Organization – Advanced, behind-the-scenes logistics organize and aggregate all relevant data about the systems, sub-systems, network and devices, event alarms and alerts - and more - for easy viewing, analysis and management in a consolidated command center.
- Monitor the Condition of Your Systems and the Conditions Your Systems are Monitoring - Includes status reporting, diagnostics and alert mechanisms on system components and instruments that are monitoring the status (temperature, pressure, tank levels, etc.) of key processes and devices.
- Quality and Thresh-hold Alerts and Alarms - Alerts based on configurable parameters, compound rules and thresholds for distinguishing among minor, major and critical alarms eliminate the tyranny of over-alarming, reduce the noise of too many, non-critical alarms and provide a more streamlined perspective of key system activities.
- Network Optimization – All system devices are consistently monitored and optimally utilized across remote facility-wide and geographically-distributed networks.
“There is no other application like ION System Health Monitoring on the market today. ION System Health monitoring goes beyond traditional equipment health and condition monitoring by providing a unified view of all the parts of your system and enabling you to monitor the condition of your systems and the conditions those systems are monitoring. It is a whole new and powerful approach to system monitoring,” said Apprion CEO, Doug Donzelli.
ION System Health Monitoring is integrated with the Apprion IONosphere as part of Apprion’s ION System. This integration allows real-time system health analytics to be combined with other ION applications such as ION Video, Mobility, and Communications to create an intelligent operations network.
Also see www.controleng.com/wireless.
- Edited by Amanda McLeman, Control Engineering, CFE Media, www.controleng.com
Annual Salary Survey
After almost a decade of uncertainty, the confidence of plant floor managers is soaring. Even with a number of challenges and while implementing new technologies, there is a renewed sense of optimism among plant managers about their business and their future.
The respondents to the 2014 Plant Engineering Salary Survey come from throughout the U.S. and serve a variety of industries, but they are uniform in their optimism about manufacturing. This year’s survey found 79% consider manufacturing a secure career. That’s up from 75% in 2013 and significantly higher than the 63% figure when Plant Engineering first started asking that question a decade ago.