New Advantech embedded IPCs use Intel Atom processor based embedded IPCs
Intel Atom processors help Advantech industrial PCs offer exceptional, cost-effective low power controller solutions.
Advantech Co. Ltd. (TAIEX: 2395), provider of embedded platforms and integration services, announces its new line of Intel Atom processor based embedded IPCs - the ARK-1360, ARK-3202, and ARK-3360, today, March 15. The new IPCs merge ultra low power capabilities and outstanding system performance with competitive pricing to favorably impact project development costs, Advantech says.
The new embedded IPCs facilitate designs where size-constraints and overheating have been a factor. Applications that could benefit include factory automation, in-vehicle, retail, signage, surveillance, and other rugged environments.
Advantech's new IPC line includes:
- ARK-1360 ultra-compact cost effective embedded IPC : Advantech's ARK-1360 offers four USB 2.0 ports, two COM ports, one 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet port and one mini-PCIe socket expansion for wireless applications. All are powered by an Intel Atom processor packed into a robust, ultra-compact, VESA mounted, fanless construction. The ARK-1360 features a single-board architecture with low power requirements. Low initial costs, reduced operating costs, and a long service life fits any project budget, Advantech says.
- ARK-3202 embedded IPC with comprehensive I/O functions : Advantech's ARK-3202 is powered by the Intel Atom N270 processor, and features a rugged chassis with multiple I/O interfaces. Additional features include support for dual DVI and VGA displays, mic in, line out, dual Giga LAN, optional 8-bit DIO, five USB 2.0, optional GPS on-board, and up to six serial ports with RS-422/485 auto flow control. The ARK-3202 consumes low power and offers excellent flexibility by way of its I/O interfaces. It is highly adaptable to a variety of engineering applications and industries.
- ARK-3360 high performance dual display embedded IPC : Advantech ARK-3360 is a high performance industrial computer that supports Intel Atom N450/D510 processors, and features a built-in Intel 3.5 generation chipset. It supports dual displays, high-resolution wide-screen, three GbE ports, six USB 2.0 ports, a maximum of six COM ports, and MiniPCIe/MiniPCI expansion for communication modules such as HSDPA and WLAN. The ARK-3360 brings high performance and high expansion capabilities to diverse engineering applications.
Advantech's new ARK units are ultra-compact for easy setup and maintenance. Both the ARK-3202 and 3360 support a wide range of operating temperatures, from -20 °C to 60 °C. They support a wide range of input voltages, from 12 to 24 V dc, with comprehensive I/O functions that consumpe low levels of power. Advantech's new ARK units bring embedded design solutions to applications where overheating concerns and size restrictions have traditionally been hinderances to development. In-vehicle, retail, signage, surveillance, and factory control applications are just some of the sectors which can benefit from Advantech's new low-power, embedded IPC line.
Summary - Advantech IPC series: ARK-1360, ARK-3202, and ARK-3360
- Fanless, ultra-compact embedded box IPC
- Built-in Intel AtomMprocessor Z510P 1.1 GHz/ Z530P 1.6 GHz
- Ultra low-power consumption solution
- One mini-PCIe socket expansion for wireless applications
- 1 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet ports, 4 x USB 2.0, 2 x COM
- Ultra compact size, VESA mounted, robust construction with fanless operation
- Fanless, Intel Atom Compact Embedded Box IPC
- Intel Atom N270 Processor at 1.6 GHz
- Dual display and support for high resolution wide screen
- Supports 2 GbE, 5 USB 2.0 and up to 5 COMs ports
- Optional WLAN and HSDPA modules for advanced in-vehicle solutions
- Optional GPS on-board for in-vehicle applications
- Fanless, Intel Atom N450/D510 1.67Ghz Compact Embedded Box IPC
- MiniPCIe/MiniPCI expansion for communication module, i.e. HSDPA, WLAN
- Dual display and support for high resolution wide screen
- Supports up to 3 x GbE, 6 x USB 2.0 and up to 6 x COMs ports
- Serial port support RS-485 auto flow control and isolation (up to 7.5Kv)
- Easy integration, easy maintenance, and wide input voltage range
Founded in 1983, serves applications in diverse industries, offering products and solutions in three business categories: Embedded ePlatform, eServices & Applied Computing, and Industrial Automation groups. Advantech is a Premier Member of the Intel Embedded and Communications Alliance, a community of embedded and communications developers and solution providers.www.advantech.com/boxIPCAlso read from Control Engineering :
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Plant Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.
Annual Salary Survey
In a year when manufacturing continued to lead the economic rebound, it makes sense that plant manager bonuses rebounded. Plant Engineering’s annual Salary Survey shows both wages and bonuses rose in 2012 after a retreat the year before.
Average salary across all job titles for plant floor management rose 3.5% to $95,446, and bonus compensation jumped to $15,162, a 4.2% increase from the 2010 level and double the 2011 total, which showed a sharp drop in bonus.