Mobile app for on-demand access to electrical solutions
The PowerEdge mobile application is available for the iPhone and iPad and is designed to share and organize information on all Eaton electrical power management solutions.
Eaton Corporation introduced the PowerEdge mobile application for real-time access to Eaton’s electrical catalogs, videos, and training. Eaton’s electrical products can now be searched, selected and located directly from an Apple iPhone or iPad device. The PowerEdge app makes it easy to learn about, share and organize information on all Eaton’s electrical power management solutions.
Providing ready access to Eaton’s electrical power management solutions, the PowerEdge app is designed to engage, educate and enable users to conveniently find product and technical information. It allows users to access the entire electrical product catalog, download catalog pages, search for specific products, access video training and locate the closest channel partner to purchase Eaton’s electrical solutions. The app is designed to allow users to learn more about Eaton products and to share that knowledge by emailing individual catalog pages, entire volumes or videos directly from the app.
The PowerEdge app was designed to take full advantage of the latest developments in Apple’s iOS 5 platform to deliver instant access to Eaton’s electrical solutions and features:
- The entire electrical product catalog – 14 volumes that feature product selection details and technical specifications for thousands of electrical products.
- Ability to easily search within a catalog to find specific features or catalog numbers
- A robust video library with business overviews, training and expert interviews
- Locator function searches within a radius and product category to map the nearest Eaton channel partners
- MyFiles functionality to create a personal library for quick access and content categorization
The PowerEdge application can be downloaded at the App Store at no charge.
- Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com
Annual Salary Survey
After almost a decade of uncertainty, the confidence of plant floor managers is soaring. Even with a number of challenges and while implementing new technologies, there is a renewed sense of optimism among plant managers about their business and their future.
The respondents to the 2014 Plant Engineering Salary Survey come from throughout the U.S. and serve a variety of industries, but they are uniform in their optimism about manufacturing. This year’s survey found 79% consider manufacturing a secure career. That’s up from 75% in 2013 and significantly higher than the 63% figure when Plant Engineering first started asking that question a decade ago.