Recent promotions and hires
Denver-based CH2M HILL announced that CEO and President Lee A. McIntire has been elected Chairman of the Board of Directors, effective Jan. 1, 2010. McIntire has more than 30 years of international experience in the engineering and construction industry and he is involved with the U.S.-Brazil CEO Forum, the Council on Competiveness, Aspen Institute's Dialogue and Commission on Arctic Climate Change, the National Petroleum Council, the World Business Council on Sustainable Development, and advisory boards for several academic institutions.
Portland, Ore.-based Interface Engineering announced the promotion of several of its staff members. The new principals at Interface Engineering are Edward David, PE, senior electrical engineer and Michael Stanton, PE, LEED AP , senior mechanical engineer.
The new associate principals are:
• George Arellano, PE, CPD , Senior Mechanical Engineer, San Francisco
• Christine Brent, MCTS, Manager of Integrated Support Services, Portland, Ore.
• Steve Kelly, RCDD Principal, Technologies Team Leader, Portland, Ore.
• Kathleen Roach, CET, CFPS , Senior Fire Life/Safety Designer, Portland, Ore.
Several others have been promoted to associate:
• Adam Carlson, PE, LEED AP , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Portland, Ore.
• Robert Kuchcinski, PE, LEED AP , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Seattle
• Michael Larsen, LEED AP , Senior Lighting Designer, Portland, Ore.
• Jason Lau, PE, LEED AP , Senior Electrical Engineer, San Francisco
• James Sattem, PE , Senior Electrical Engineer, Portland, Ore.
• Michael Troyer, RCDD, CTS, LEED AP ; Senior Technologies Designer, Portland, Ore.
• Valeria Torres, LEED AP , Senior Electrical Designer, San Francisco
Olathe, Kan.-based Grundfos named Andrew Warrington as the new president at Indianapolis-based Peerless Pump Co . and its subsidiaries. Warrington has more than 20 years of experience in the pump industry in the fields of service, engineering, marketing, operations, and sales functions.
Gaithersburg, Md.-based NEBB announced that James Huber with Complete Commissioning , Clinton, Md., and Robert Linder, PE , with Karges-Faulconbridge Inc ., St. Paul, Minn., were elected to the NEBB Board of Directors during the annual 2009 conference. Huber is a NEBB Certified Professional in commissioning, retro-commissioning, sound and vibration measurement, and air, hydronic testing and balancing. Linder is a LEED AP and is NEBB Certified for air, hydronics, and commissioning.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey