May 2 Southland Industries update: HVAC, plumbing in progress
At the Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center located in Fort Hood, Texas, Southland Industries has begun commissioning HVAC systems, and radiant flooring tube is being installed.
As of May 2, the following steps have been taken at the Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center, Fort Hood, Texas.
- The team is completing rough-in on levels 5 and above of the hospital. Air handling units are being started to provide temporary air conditioning below level 3.
- Radiant flooring tube installation is underway in the hospital atrium.
- The West Clinic plumbing fixtures are beginning to be installed and HVAC systems commissioning has begun. The North clinic is being prepped for fixtures. Both West and North Clinic air handling units have been started.
- All three parking garages are underway.
- The chilled water plant is online and the boiler plant is being prepared for startup.
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Plant Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.
Annual Salary Survey
In a year when manufacturing continued to lead the economic rebound, it makes sense that plant manager bonuses rebounded. Plant Engineering’s annual Salary Survey shows both wages and bonuses rose in 2012 after a retreat the year before.
Average salary across all job titles for plant floor management rose 3.5% to $95,446, and bonus compensation jumped to $15,162, a 4.2% increase from the 2010 level and double the 2011 total, which showed a sharp drop in bonus.