May 2 Southland Industries update: HVAC, plumbing in progress
At the Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center located in Fort Hood, Texas, Southland Industries has begun commissioning HVAC systems, and radiant flooring tube is being installed.
As of May 2, the following steps have been taken at the Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center, Fort Hood, Texas.
- The team is completing rough-in on levels 5 and above of the hospital. Air handling units are being started to provide temporary air conditioning below level 3.
- Radiant flooring tube installation is underway in the hospital atrium.
- The West Clinic plumbing fixtures are beginning to be installed and HVAC systems commissioning has begun. The North clinic is being prepped for fixtures. Both West and North Clinic air handling units have been started.
- All three parking garages are underway.
- The chilled water plant is online and the boiler plant is being prepared for startup.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey