Lighting awards bestowed
Excellence in lighting was honored at the 2009 Lightfair Innovation Awards ceremony.
Lightfair International celebrated the industry's most innovative product designs and lighting projects at the 20th annual LFI Innovation Awards (LIA) ceremony. Sponsored by Architectural Lighting magazine and eLumit.com, the awards took place May 5, preceding the opening of the 2009 Lightfair trade show floor.
The awards presentation honored industry innovations in an overview of the latest lighting-related products and designs introduced in the past 12 months. This year, LFI received 218 submissions, and each individual product was judged by an independent panel of renowned lighting professionals. The 2009 LIA winners are:
• Calculite Solid-State Downlights by Lightolier/Philips: Most Innovative Product of the Year-the program's highest award, recognizing the best, most innovative new product
• kite by PEERLESS from Acuity Brands Lighting: Design Excellence Award-recognizing outstanding achievement in design and application
• LUXEON Rebel ES from Philips Lumileds Lighting Company: Technical Innovation Award-recognizing the most forward-thinking advancement in lighting technology
• SST-90-W by Luminus Devices: Technical Innovation Award-recognizing the most forward-thinking advancement in lighting technology
• LM-80-08 Approved Method for Measuring Lumen Maintenance of LED Light Sources from the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES): Judges' Citation Award-special recognition of an innovative product at the judges' discretion.
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Plant Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.
Annual Salary Survey
In a year when manufacturing continued to lead the economic rebound, it makes sense that plant manager bonuses rebounded. Plant Engineering’s annual Salary Survey shows both wages and bonuses rose in 2012 after a retreat the year before.
Average salary across all job titles for plant floor management rose 3.5% to $95,446, and bonus compensation jumped to $15,162, a 4.2% increase from the 2010 level and double the 2011 total, which showed a sharp drop in bonus.