July 2 Southland Industries update: radiant floor tubing, test-and-balance
At the Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center located in Fort Hood, Texas, Southland Industries has brought the chilled water and steam plants online, and test-and-balance has begun.
As of the beginning of July, the Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center has achieved the following on the project:
- The team has begun startup and checkout of equipment in all areas of the project
- Radiant flooring tube installation is underway in the hospital atrium
- The West Clinic is being tested and balanced and finishes in the North Clinic are underway
- All parking garages remain to be plumbed
- The chilled and steam plants are online.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey