IPS Global Consulting Group gains traction
The consulting organization of Invensys Process Systems (IPS) celebrated a year of successful operation at the company's North American Client Conference. Today, more than 400 consultants apply industry knowledge and technical expertise in an effort to improve client performance, the company says.
Dallas, TX – The Global Consulting organization of Invensys Process Systems (IPS) celebrated a year of successful operation at the company's North American Client Conference, which started Sept. 8, 2008. More than 400 consultants work to improve client performance by applying industry knowledge and technical expertise, the company says.
The group does process control system services, system integration, safety consulting, regulatory compliance consulting, system lifecycle management, training, and ARC Advisory Group , process manufacturers "are now under extreme pressure to deliver higher-quality products at lower prices, even while meeting ever-tightening safety, security and environmental goals and guidelines. IPS formed its global consulting group to help clients deal with these pressures."
Formed in September 2007,erformance, including maintenance effectiveness and critical equipment and instrument management.
Paulett Eberhart, IPS president and chief executive officer, cited the group's growing number of client successes as an indicator of "the progress our Global Consulting group has made over the last several months. Combining expertise and technologies, consultants help find hidden potential in production assets to reduce energy and supply chain costs, manage safety and regulatory constraints, and realize improvements in operational efficiency."
- A real-time finance and business intelligence solution that helps Sasol achieve significant savings in energy costs at its synthetic fuels plant near Johannesburg, South Africa;
- A consulting site assessment for a wireless process alarm and plant condition monitoring system, which will enhance plant safety, improve utilization of manpower and increase productivity for the Arkema Group's
facility in Rotterdam, The Netherlands;
- Implementation of advanced process control that is improving throughput, product quality and consistency, as well as minimizing process variability, for Codelco, the world's largest copper producer, based in
- Implementation of an operator training simulator, including a solution for distributed control systems and safety system simulation, that will improve operational efficiency for the BASF Fina Petrochemicals LP olefins
plant in Port Arthur, Texas; and
- Implementation of a real-time cyber security management solution that will prevent, monitor or mitigate potential cyber threats to Husky Energy's upgrader plant in Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Nathalie Marcotte, vice president, Global Consulting, says,ce." Work includes third-party products beyond IPS offerings.
IPS brands and products include
Also see: Listen in: 100 innovative years, Invensys celebrates Foxboro .
– Edited by Mark T. Hoske , editor in chief
Control Engineering News Desk
Register here and scroll down to select your choice of eNewsletters free .
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
- Survey Prize Winners
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey