High-powered IP67 outdoor wireless access point/bridge: Aaxeon Technologies
IP67 rated 802.11b/g high-powered outdoor wireless networking access point/bridge, from Aaxeon Technologies, acts as access point and repeater at the same time.
Aaxeon Technologies announces the release of its newest IP67 rated 802.11b/g high-powered outdoor access point and bridge. The new Aaxeon APX-3000 Outdoor AP/Bridge add additional features to what is usually found on a standard access point. The APX-3000 features a wireless distributed system (WDS) function that let's the unit act as a wireless LAN access point and repeater at the same time. Users can use this function to develop large wireless networks in large areas, such as large manufacturing sites or plants, airports, hotels, schools, etc. Using WDS enables bridging networks between multiple areas where it is impossible to deploy network cable connections. The APX-3000 also has station mode, which lets network devices that only has wired Ethernet support access wireless LAN without changing any of the device's original configurations. In addition, with its 1 Watt radio, the APX-3000 can be used to bridge distances much greater than the typical access point with only a 100 mwatt radio.
The metal enclosure is also IP67 rated to ensure the unit will be protected from the elements, such as rain, dust, and other environmental conditions to ensure the unit is reliable for everyday usage, the company says.
The new APX-3000 is also very simple to configure via web browser.
Key features include:
• Supports WPA / WPA2 security enhanced function;
• Supports WDS(Wireless Distributed System) bridge mode;
• Provides station mode to act as a wireless LAN client station;
• Supports roaming link integrity;
• Supports authentication for wireless connectivity based on ESSID;
• Provides 64/128 bit key length WEP data encryption;
• Provides MAC access control, DHCP server;
• Supports Web-based configuration;
• Supports WDS Bridge Mode (Repeater Mode), Station Mode (AP Client Mode);
• High data rate up to 54Mbps network speed;
• High Output power 1W; and
• Supports Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
Aaxeon Technologies LLC
Also read from Control Engineering :
- Aaxeon industrial managed Gigabit Power over Ethernet switch ;
- RS-232 to wireless: Aaxeon Airolinx BTS-1000A Bluetooth to RS-232 Converter ; and
- More wireless news and product on the Industrial Networking channel .
- Edited by Mark T. Hoske, editor in chief, Control Engineering , www.controleng.com
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey