Free online town hall on geothermal heat pump systems
The National Ground Water Assn. will hold a free national online “town hall” on July 7, 2010 from 3-4:30 p.m. ET entitled, “Geothermal Heat Pump Systems: Constructing the Loop Well.”
Limited connections will be provided on a first come, first served basis to those who preregister by e-mailing Rachel Jones at email@example.com
Discussion topics include:
- The components of a loop well
- Best practices: Guidelines for the Construction of Vertical Boreholes for Closed Loop Heat Pump Systems
- The necessary qualifications to construct a geothermal heat pump closed loop well
- How proper construction contributes to groundwater protection and to optimal geothermal heat pump systems performance
- Regulation of geothermal heat pump system installations
- Designation as a Certified Vertical Closed Loop Driller
- NGWA’s Geothermal Mud Drilling and Grouting School.
Open discussion will follow the presentations. Intended outcomes include identifying policy, practices, and advances in knowledge and research.
Annual Salary Survey
After almost a decade of uncertainty, the confidence of plant floor managers is soaring. Even with a number of challenges and while implementing new technologies, there is a renewed sense of optimism among plant managers about their business and their future.
The respondents to the 2014 Plant Engineering Salary Survey come from throughout the U.S. and serve a variety of industries, but they are uniform in their optimism about manufacturing. This year’s survey found 79% consider manufacturing a secure career. That’s up from 75% in 2013 and significantly higher than the 63% figure when Plant Engineering first started asking that question a decade ago.