Free online town hall on geothermal heat pump systems
The National Ground Water Assn. will hold a free national online “town hall” on July 7, 2010 from 3-4:30 p.m. ET entitled, “Geothermal Heat Pump Systems: Constructing the Loop Well.”
Limited connections will be provided on a first come, first served basis to those who preregister by e-mailing Rachel Jones at email@example.com
Discussion topics include:
- The components of a loop well
- Best practices: Guidelines for the Construction of Vertical Boreholes for Closed Loop Heat Pump Systems
- The necessary qualifications to construct a geothermal heat pump closed loop well
- How proper construction contributes to groundwater protection and to optimal geothermal heat pump systems performance
- Regulation of geothermal heat pump system installations
- Designation as a Certified Vertical Closed Loop Driller
- NGWA’s Geothermal Mud Drilling and Grouting School.
Open discussion will follow the presentations. Intended outcomes include identifying policy, practices, and advances in knowledge and research.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
- Survey Prize Winners
- CFE Edu
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey