Fanless embedded system
Advantech's ARK-1120 is a fanless embedded system powered by an Intel Atom N455 processor designed for compact spaces and factory automation applications.
Advantech's ARK-1120 is an ultra-compact fanless embedded system powered by an Intel Atom N455 processor. Its compact size and support for both HDD and CompactFlash memory make the ARK-1120 attractive for a range of embedded usages. This product is well-suited for applications that need a simple but dependable controller. ARK-1120 is ideal for thin client and factory automation applications with space limited or low-power-consumption designs.
Other features include:
- Fanless, ultra-compact embedded box IPC
- Built-in Intel Atom processor N455 1.66 GHz
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 133.8 x 43.1 x 94.2 mm
- Supports 2.5-in. SATA HDD
- Low-power-consumption solution. Power consumption < 10W
- One half mini-PCIe socket expansion
- Ultra compact size; robust, fanless construction with VESA mount
- OS support list: Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 7 Embedded, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Embedded, Windows CE 6.0, and Linux and QNX
- Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
- Survey Prize Winners
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey