Fanless embedded system
Advantech's ARK-1120 is a fanless embedded system powered by an Intel Atom N455 processor designed for compact spaces and factory automation applications.
Advantech's ARK-1120 is an ultra-compact fanless embedded system powered by an Intel Atom N455 processor. Its compact size and support for both HDD and CompactFlash memory make the ARK-1120 attractive for a range of embedded usages. This product is well-suited for applications that need a simple but dependable controller. ARK-1120 is ideal for thin client and factory automation applications with space limited or low-power-consumption designs.
Other features include:
- Fanless, ultra-compact embedded box IPC
- Built-in Intel Atom processor N455 1.66 GHz
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 133.8 x 43.1 x 94.2 mm
- Supports 2.5-in. SATA HDD
- Low-power-consumption solution. Power consumption < 10W
- One half mini-PCIe socket expansion
- Ultra compact size; robust, fanless construction with VESA mount
- OS support list: Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 7 Embedded, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Embedded, Windows CE 6.0, and Linux and QNX
- Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com
Annual Salary Survey
After almost a decade of uncertainty, the confidence of plant floor managers is soaring. Even with a number of challenges and while implementing new technologies, there is a renewed sense of optimism among plant managers about their business and their future.
The respondents to the 2014 Plant Engineering Salary Survey come from throughout the U.S. and serve a variety of industries, but they are uniform in their optimism about manufacturing. This year’s survey found 79% consider manufacturing a secure career. That’s up from 75% in 2013 and significantly higher than the 63% figure when Plant Engineering first started asking that question a decade ago.