Effective asset management in an uncertain economy
Webcast offers insight on ways to meet asset challenges
Today, organizations just like yours are under greater than ever pressure to do more with less. Reducing costs and risks, increasing revenue, and optimizing asset utilization are three key areas where IBM can help, especially with our asset management solutions.
Are these challenges that you face?
- Deferring new capital spend by receiving more value from existing assets and extending asset lifespan
- Consolidating applications to lower costs and improve service management
- Reducing inventory levels and carrying costs by up to 30 percent to improve efficiency
- Managing business and IT assets on one modern platform
- Mitigating risk and improving compliance management to boost security
- An IBM-sponsored Webcast is now available in the Plant Engineering Resource Center. Click here for access to this information.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
- Survey Prize Winners
- CFE Edu
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey