EC: Virtual Dynamic Simulator v3.4.4
Software - Applications: The Mynah Virtual Dynamic Simulator is simulation software used for system acceptance testing and operator training that is now offered based upon Private Cloud Computing and VMWare virtualization technology. This is a Control Engineering 2013 Engineers' Choice finalist.
Mynah Virtual Dynamic Simulators bring the value of the Virtual Plant using MiMiC Simulation Software into the world of Cloud Computing. Using the same technology implemented in public cloud enterprises, such as Amazon and Google, the private cloud implementation allows flexible access and agility but behind the security of the end user's firewall.
Mynah uses an ISO registered, proprietary process to review the user requirements and recommend a Virtual Dynamic Simulator designed to meet the business goals of the project and provide the greatest return on investment. MYNAH Virtual Dynamic Simulators using VMWare virtualization technology provide the following business benefits:
- Reduced training and development system hardware requirements.
- Protection of dynamic simulation to control system simulator communications through the use of virtual LAN implementations.
- One button start up of training or development systems.
- - Greater security and availability for the training and development system.
- Flexibility to handle multiple control system implementations and dynamic models in the same system.
- Flexibility to allow training or development systems from any networked PC or thin client.
- Ability to handle system expansions and upgrades with minimal hardware investments. Mynah Virtual Dynamic Simulators using VMWare virtualization technology includes the following key features:
- Server hardware sized and selected based upon Mynah VMWare experience with VMWare ready designs.
- Implementation of virtualization management best practices using VMWare VCenter Server.
- VLAN implementation to secure virtual machine communication and provide high capacity link to plant network.
- Selection of operating system licensing based upon all application requirements and user long term goals.
- Best practice installs of MiMiC and control system simulators. Mynah Virtual Dynamic Simulator is an excellent platform for the user to take advantage of the power and flexibility for the automation system optimization and operator training needs of the plant.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey