EC: IndraDrive Mi Integrated Motor-drive System with Multi-Ethernet Interface
Motion Control - Servo drives: Rexroth IndraDrive Mi with Multi-Ethernet interface is a milestone in drive engineering, combining control electronics and servo motor in one ultra-compact unit. This is a Control Engineering 2013 Engineers' Choice finalist.
Opening more possibilities for faster, simpler system development, the IndraDrive Mi integrated motor-drive system now features a Multi-Ethernet interface that makes it easy to engineer a wide range of automation system with one type of hardware. Rexroth has enhanced this award-winning technology (which integrates the drive electronics into the motor casing and enables daisy-chaining of up to 20 IndraDrive systems through cabling that combines power and communications into one cable) with a versatile Multi-Ethernet interface that makes configuration of communications protocols easier than ever.
IndraDrive Mi V2 highlights:
- 4 sizes, continuous torque of 2.2-10.5
- Proven, widely used version of integrated motor-drive system now entering second generation
- Combined communications and power in one cable for faster, easier machine design and commissioning; reduces part counts
- Multi-Ethernet interface with Sercos III, Profinet IO, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT
- IO-Extension to connection fieldbus devices and supports additional fieldbus
- Drive-based Safety On Board function Safe Torque Off (STO) with centralized and decentralized Safety zones
- Ability to daisy-chain up to 20 IndraDrive Mi units, max cable length 200 m
- Standalone “motor near” drive version available — configuration separates the drive electronics from the motor for tight-fitting machine spaces
- Openness and flexibility in communication through integrated multi-Ethernet interface.
- Improved machine safety and productivity thanks to safety option STO – Safe Torque OFF
- · Significant reduction of: cabinet volume, up to 70% and installation costs, up to 85%
- · Easy integration of multi-Ethernet-able IO, pneumatic and hydraulic components into the IndraDrive Mi line with multiple communications interfaces
- · Reduced installation time and investment required — smaller controls cabinet, modular integrated motor-drive unit and daisy-chaining of multiple drives with one cable simplifies commissioning of motion axes components on many machines
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey