EC: Do-more H2 Series PLC
Machine and Embedded Control - PLCs: The Do-more Series PLC is the next generation programmable controller, with a powerful, intuitive set of new programming tools, built on a strong PLC foundation that makes control applications easier to implement. This is a Control Engineering 2013 Engineers' Choice Award winner.
The Do-more H2 series PLC is the next generation programmable controller built on a strong PLC foundation that makes control applications easier to implement. It's super fast and has lots of memory and embedded Ethernet.
The Do-more CPUs offer:
- Free Do-more Designer software with powerful, new programming tools
- More than 1 Mb total memory
- Program/monitor/debug over any embedded communication port.
- Supports up to 256 I/O locally and thousands more with optional Ethernet remote expansion racks.
- Supports inexpensive serial port expansion options for connection to bar code readers, ASCII devices, printers, etc.
- Four base sizes with built-in power supply support 12/24 V dc, 110/220 V ac and 125 V dc (six and nine-slot only) power sources.
- User-proven DirectLogic 205 hardware with over 50 option modules available, from discrete and analog to high-speed counter and Ethernet modules.
Do-more CPUs can process up to 2,000 PID loops directly. Select from various control modes including automatic, manual, and cascade control; a wide variety of alarms includes process variable, rate of change, and deviation. Loop operation parameters (process variable, setpoint, setpoint limits, etc.) are stored in V-memory, allowing easy access from operator interfaces or human machine interfaces (HMIs). The Do-more Designer PLC programming software provides easy-to-use setup menus; auto tuning reduces setup and maintenance time. The CPU uses the auto tuning feature to automatically determine near optimum loop settings. Do-more Designer can download a new version of your code into the Do-more CPU and seamlessly switch to it at the beginning of the very next scan, eliminating any pause that may wreak havoc on the operation of your machine or process. The Do-more CPUs are lightning fast (executing a 1 k Boolean program in just 0.2 ms) “about 20x faster than the DL205 processors” and for a fraction of the cost.
AutomationDirect is a CSIA member as of 2/26/2015
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
Annual Salary Survey
After almost a decade of uncertainty, the confidence of plant floor managers is soaring. Even with a number of challenges and while implementing new technologies, there is a renewed sense of optimism among plant managers about their business and their future.
The respondents to the 2014 Plant Engineering Salary Survey come from throughout the U.S. and serve a variety of industries, but they are uniform in their optimism about manufacturing. This year’s survey found 79% consider manufacturing a secure career. That’s up from 75% in 2013 and significantly higher than the 63% figure when Plant Engineering first started asking that question a decade ago.