EC: Do-more H2 Series PLC
Machine and Embedded Control - PLCs: The Do-more Series PLC is the next generation programmable controller, with a powerful, intuitive set of new programming tools, built on a strong PLC foundation that makes control applications easier to implement. This is a Control Engineering 2013 Engineers' Choice Award winner.
The Do-more H2 series PLC is the next generation programmable controller built on a strong PLC foundation that makes control applications easier to implement. It's super fast and has lots of memory and embedded Ethernet.
The Do-more CPUs offer:
- Free Do-more Designer software with powerful, new programming tools
- More than 1 Mb total memory
- Program/monitor/debug over any embedded communication port.
- Supports up to 256 I/O locally and thousands more with optional Ethernet remote expansion racks.
- Supports inexpensive serial port expansion options for connection to bar code readers, ASCII devices, printers, etc.
- Four base sizes with built-in power supply support 12/24 V dc, 110/220 V ac and 125 V dc (six and nine-slot only) power sources.
- User-proven DirectLogic 205 hardware with over 50 option modules available, from discrete and analog to high-speed counter and Ethernet modules.
Do-more CPUs can process up to 2,000 PID loops directly. Select from various control modes including automatic, manual, and cascade control; a wide variety of alarms includes process variable, rate of change, and deviation. Loop operation parameters (process variable, setpoint, setpoint limits, etc.) are stored in V-memory, allowing easy access from operator interfaces or human machine interfaces (HMIs). The Do-more Designer PLC programming software provides easy-to-use setup menus; auto tuning reduces setup and maintenance time. The CPU uses the auto tuning feature to automatically determine near optimum loop settings. Do-more Designer can download a new version of your code into the Do-more CPU and seamlessly switch to it at the beginning of the very next scan, eliminating any pause that may wreak havoc on the operation of your machine or process. The Do-more CPUs are lightning fast (executing a 1 k Boolean program in just 0.2 ms) “about 20x faster than the DL205 processors” and for a fraction of the cost.
AutomationDirect is a CSIA member as of 2/26/2015
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey