EC: 0i-Model D CNC
Machine and embedded control - CNCs and board-level products: With over 200 standard features designed to increase productivity, FANUC's 0i-Model D CNC is reliable, efficient, user-friendly, and popular. This is a Control Engineering 2012 Engineer’s Choice finalist.
With over 200 standard features designed to increase productivity, FANUC's 0i-Model D CNC is reliable, efficient, user-friendly, and popular because:
- Axis control: Control of up to nine axes, up to four controlled simultaneously.
- Nanometer precision: Unique system-wide nanometer resolution precision provides a superior surface finish quality, minimizing the need for secondary operations.
- High functionality: Over 200 standard features are designed to increase productivity.
- Reduced cycle time: Advanced software functions reduce cycle time while enhancing part accuracy and extending machine life. These include: bell-shaped acc/dec, Al contour control, nano smoothing, and HRV3.
- High-speed machining for better quality parts, faster.
- User-friendly operation and programming: Existing part programs will run without modification. The 0i-Model D offers simple part programming and operation; operation and programming software is tailored to the appropriate application. User-friendly solutions (MANUAL GUIDE i, MANUAL GUIDE 0i, TURN MATE i, Powerful G-code editor) help to fully optimize the manufacturing cycle from part program generation through to production.
- Reliability: FANUC's continuous improvement culture ensures reliability. Statistically, a hardware fault occurs only once every 27 years of productive service. Additionally, FANUC has a 25-year part availability guarantee. Other features include: crash protection, prevention of operation errors, ease of maintenance, built-in backup, and automatic servo and spindle tuning.
- Connecting manufacturing to business securely and reliably through standard high-speed Ethernet interface for high-speed part program transfers and data collection. A USB port is also conveniently located at the operator display to provide practically unlimited storage for part programs, tool data, and parameters.
FANUC FA America
Return to the list of the 2012 Engineers' Choice finalists.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
Annual Salary Survey
After almost a decade of uncertainty, the confidence of plant floor managers is soaring. Even with a number of challenges and while implementing new technologies, there is a renewed sense of optimism among plant managers about their business and their future.
The respondents to the 2014 Plant Engineering Salary Survey come from throughout the U.S. and serve a variety of industries, but they are uniform in their optimism about manufacturing. This year’s survey found 79% consider manufacturing a secure career. That’s up from 75% in 2013 and significantly higher than the 63% figure when Plant Engineering first started asking that question a decade ago.