CSIA certifies first company from Africa
The Control System Integrators Association (CSIA) announced that GIL Automation from Nigeria is the first member in Africa to become CSIA certified. In addition, 12 system integrator companies from six countries have joined the group.
The Control System Integrators Association (CSIA) announces that GIL Automation, Ikeja, LA, Nigeria, is the first member in Africa to become CSIA certified. CSIA now has certified members on every continent except Antarctica, according to executive director, Bob Lowe.
Technical Systems Inc., of Lynnwood, Wash., U.S., also is newly certified.
In other membership news, the following control system integrator companies have joined the association:
- AB Kontrol, Istanbul, Turkey
- AdvanTech Corporation, Fairfield, N.J., U.S.
- Agatos Software Engineering Pte Ltd, Singapore
- Automation Control Service LLC, Pensacola, Fla., U.S.
- Gatepacific Circuits Inc., Dasmarinas City, Cavite, Philippines
- Gwinn Integrated Solutions, PLLC, Roseville, N.C., U.S.
- Lanco Electric Inc., Leechburg, Pa., U.S.
- Letico Inc., Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- ONG Automation Ltd, Cork, Ireland
- Tamaki Control Ltd, Gooding, Idaho,
- U.S. Thomas Controls Inc., East Brunswick, N.J.
- US Controls Inc., Ontario, Canada
New partner members include:
- Skkynet Cloud Systems, Ontario, Canada
- Tapeswitch Corporation, Farmingdale, N.Y., U.S.
- VDC Research, Natick, Mass., U.S.
- Winmation, Austin, Texas, U.S.
Recently recertified members include:
- Applied Control Technology, Inc., Texarkana, Texas, U.S.
- Concept Systems Inc., Albany, Ore., U.S.
- Concept Systems Inc., Tukwila, Wash., U.S.
- ECS Solutions, Evansville, Ind., U.S.
Control System Integrators Association (CSIA)
- Edited by CFE Media. See more Control Engineering system integrator stories.
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Plant Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.
Annual Salary Survey
In a year when manufacturing continued to lead the economic rebound, it makes sense that plant manager bonuses rebounded. Plant Engineering’s annual Salary Survey shows both wages and bonuses rose in 2012 after a retreat the year before.
Average salary across all job titles for plant floor management rose 3.5% to $95,446, and bonus compensation jumped to $15,162, a 4.2% increase from the 2010 level and double the 2011 total, which showed a sharp drop in bonus.